“Star Wars 7” has a title: “The Force Awakens.”
The latest chapter in the sprawling saga concluded principal photography recently, and with that finish came a tweet, posted Thursday morning, with the (presumably official) title.
Of course, the Internet had to have its fun.
As soon as “Star Wars” revealed the name of the newest installment, out came the “rejected ‘Star Wars’ titles” on Twitter.
These are a few of our favorites:
- Star Wars VII: The Ewoks Take Manhattan
- Star Wars: Dude, Where’s My Millennium Falcon?
- Star Wars VII: Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Death Star
- Star Wars : Too Old for this Sith
- Star Wars VII: One Flew Over the Wookiee’s Nest
- I Know What You Did Last Parsec
- Star Wars: So We Heard You Wanted More Jar Jar
- Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens an Hour Late Thanks To Intergalactic Saving Time