Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
So it is that time again, almost time for some hot soups for the fall season. If you are looking for something easy and great, do I have the recipe for you. This simple soup makes for a great afternoon snack or a nice dinner. But, please be advised that this recipe makes for a lot of soup. So, if you are only cooking for one or two people, I would suggest that you cut it in half.
2 lbs. of ground beef / or ground turkey
2 quarts of water
1 can (28 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups of chopped green peppers (remember cooking bell peppers have three lumps on the bottom, and sweeter eating bell peppers have four.)
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules ( if you purchase the cubes – or have them already – just grind them up and then measure out the 2 teaspoons from that.)
- Start group browning the group beef or turkey in a frying pan.
- While that is cooking add all the other ingredients together in a large pot.
- Once the meat is finished add that into the pot.
- Bring the soup mixture to a rolling boil, then decrease the heat.
- Cover and let simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes to cool, as this soup is very hot. It should thicken up a bit as it stands.